15 Positive Affirmations to Get You Through A Tough Time
Jan 8, 2021 | By: Tara
We can all agree that 2020 was a year unlike any of us expected. I started 2020 with all these lofty goals that fell short, like way short. I broke rules I swore I would stand by as a parent, I had to find ways to forgive myself for my short comings, and I celebrated every little victory. It was this bittersweet mix of forced family time and self-awareness. I won’t say it was negative year, it was just different.
In 2020 learned a lot. I realized how incredibly important it is to not only put ourselves needs in the forefront but also how to let go of what was out of my control. And you know a way to do both of these things, positive affirmations.
Since we’re jumping right into 2021 and the ball dropping wasn’t the fix all to what made 2020 so unique I compiled a list of 15 positive affirmations that can hopefully help you moving forward.
1. I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
2. I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
3. Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life.
4. The only person I can control is myself.
5. I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
6. I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
7. I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
8. I am more than enough.
9. Nothing can dim my light unless I let it.
10. I trust myself to make the right decision.
11. I trust that I am on the right path.
12. I am strong.
13. I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
14. I choose to find the positives around me.
15. I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
I encourage you to take some time and repeat your favorite positive affirmations. It is a great way to keep yourself grounded and encouraged when things feel out of control.